After your account is created, you need to establish the age groups for your waitlist. These groups are the primary way to organize the children on your waiting list. Ages will be set to control which children appear in each age group. Children will automatically be moved to the correct age group when added, or at 12am CST on their birthday.
If you do not yet have any age groups you’ll see an Add Age Group button on the Home Page, click that to bring up the new age group page. You can also add or edit age groups by going to Home > Age Groups > Manage.
First, enter a name for the age group. Then you can add the youngest and oldest age for the group. For example, if you have a youngest age of 6 months and an oldest age of 12 months:
- A child who is less than 6 months old would not appear in this group.
- A child who is at least 6 months old and not yet 12 months old would appear in this group.
- A child who is 12 months or older would not appear in this group.
There are two key rules to remember about age groups.
- Groups can not overlap - for example you could not have one age group from 0-12 months and the next age group from 11-24 months. In this scenario we wouldn’t know where to put the 11 month old children.
- Groups should not have gaps - for example you could not have one age group from 0-12 months and the next age group from 13-24 months. In this scenario all the children who are 12 months old would not appear in a list.
The youngest age group you create is special. It will include all children below the youngest age that you specify. For example if the youngest children you accept are 3 months old, you can still add younger children to your list and they will still appear. They will be quickly recognizable because they have a red exclamation mark (!) next to their birth date on the list.
Children who are older than the oldest age group will automatically be removed with a reason of “Too Old”. This will happen when the child is added or at 12am CST on their birthday.